My husband wasn't sure about eating the carrots and celery in this recipe, but the sauce turned out great! We always make our own pasta sauce because the pre-made sauces have too much sodium and not enough taste. So this was a nice change from our usual pasta sauce we make. It was nice to add some other veggies in the sauce. We will make this recipe again soon.
Spaghetti with Quick Meat Sauce
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Instead of opening a jar of sauce, try this easy spaghetti with meat sauce on a weeknight. Serve with steamed broccoli and garlic bread. The recipe makes enough for 8 servings. If you’re serving only four for dinner, cook 8 ounces of spaghetti and freeze the leftover sauce.
8 Reviews for Spaghetti with Quick Meat Sauce
I made this meat sauce following the recipe to the letter and it was delicious, but seemed to be lacking a little something. The second time I made it, I substituted ground bison for the beef, added another stalk of celery and some 'seasoning peppers' (a small, mildly piquant pepper grown in the Caribbean), chopped up a box of shitake mushrooms and added those at the last minute with the parsley. A little extra kosher salt and some fresh ground black pepper -- and the meat sauce sang to my taste buds! I would like to know what the nutritional results of these changes were, but this is the way I will make it from now on.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)