Normally when I make this pasta I use more eggs,prosciutto, alot more cheese and I even add cream and butter, so when I read this recipe I was very sceptical about what it would taste like, but I really love it! You can actually taste every ingredient including the pasta and I like that better than that my pasta soaks in sauce. My alltime favorite vegetable to add in is shiitake mushrooms.
Spaghetti alla Carbonara
From EatingWell: October/November 2005
In this version, the eggs are cooked into a custardlike sauce. An extra step, yes, but the technique ensures food safety. To vary the vegetables, try green beans, asparagus or frozen peas (cook peas separately from pasta).
8 Reviews for Spaghetti alla Carbonara
This was a complete waste of my time and energy. I couldn't possible dislike it anymore. I tried the sauce over and over and just kept ending up with watery looking curdled eggs. No matter what I did. I tried everything. I finally ended up with something passable as food, and the whole dish was just bland. I had to add so much salt and cheese to give it any kind of flavor. honestly it ruined my night.
This pasta dish was so delicious, even my 3 year old ate it all up, and ti was super easy to make! I would highly recommend this. I will be making this again, for sure!
This was fantastic! I did not wind up with scrambled eggs like some of the reviewers. You really have to be mindful of the amount of heat you are using and constantly whisk the egg mixture. I will make this again!
Good and quick, though I disliked the sauce. The first time I tried to do it I ended up getting scrambled eggs and the second time I turned the heat down and stirred it longer.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)