Soy-Lime Roasted Tofu
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Here we marinate tofu cubes in soy sauce and lime juice with a touch of toasted sesame oil, then roast them—perfect tofu every time.
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm, water-packed tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Pat tofu dry and cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes. Combine soy sauce, lime juice and oil in a medium shallow dish or large sealable plastic bag. Add the tofu; gently toss to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 4 hours, gently stirring once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade with a slotted spoon (discard marinade). Spread out on a large baking sheet, making sure the pieces are not touching. Roast, gently turning halfway through, until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Marinate the tofu (Step 1) for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate roasted tofu for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 78 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 51 mg sodium; 153 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (20% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- March/April 2009