Soy-Lime Roasted Tofu
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Here we marinate tofu cubes in soy sauce and lime juice with a touch of toasted sesame oil, then roast them—perfect tofu every time.
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm, water-packed tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Pat tofu dry and cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes. Combine soy sauce, lime juice and oil in a medium shallow dish or large sealable plastic bag. Add the tofu; gently toss to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 4 hours, gently stirring once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade with a slotted spoon (discard marinade). Spread out on a large baking sheet, making sure the pieces are not touching. Roast, gently turning halfway through, until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Marinate the tofu (Step 1) for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate roasted tofu for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 78 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 51 mg sodium; 153 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (20% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- March/April 2009