We adore this recipe, especially with carnival squash (a very tasty variety similar to acorn).
Southwestern Stuffed Acorn Squash
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Cumin and chili powder season a filling of turkey sausage, tomatoes, black beans and Swiss cheese for creamy acorn squash. Serve this stuffed squash with warmed corn tortillas for wrapping up bites of all the tasty ingredients.
35 Reviews for Southwestern Stuffed Acorn Squash
My hubby loves this dish - he already mentioned a couple of days ago that he can't wait to have it again this fall.
I have made this dish many times and everyone loves it. I always use Cabot pepper jack cheese instead of the Swiss. Really good!
This recipe is so easy and SO delicious. One of my all-time favorites now. Perfect for a crisp fall evening.
Absolutely the best... entire family loved it.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)