I just made this tonight and it was so delicious, hubby loved it! I did add some garlic powder, green pepper, cilantro, black beans and lime juice sooooooooo good!
Southwestern Calico Corn
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
Peppers, cumin and chili powder are a natural combination with corn and hominy (dried corn that's had its hull removed).
10 Reviews for Southwestern Calico Corn
I made this in my Wok skillet and it turned out AMAZING! Definitely a MUST try!
I changed it just a little. I was unable to get Poblano peppers so I added fire roasted chiles. I also added some El Yucateco (Green Habanero Hot Sauce). Tasted great. I think I will add some black beans next time.
I loved this dish! It came out awesome. I added onions and garlic, just because I found it hard to believe that it wasn't there already. I used fresh corn right off the cob, three stalks was exactly 2 cups. The cumin gave it great flavor.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)