Made these tonight and thought they were really good! I love the beans and avocado along with the cilantro. I added liquid smoke and smoked paprika also.
Southwestern Beef & Bean Burger Wraps
From EatingWell: January/February 2007
Kids and adults alike will love these quick, zippy burgers. The beans make the burgers a little fragile, so be careful when taking them off the broiler pan. Make it a meal: Serve a green salad and frozen mango slices for dessert.
24 Reviews for Southwestern Beef & Bean Burger Wraps
Made these tonight with a couple of small changes. I used 1 lb of ground sirloin, 1 can of refried black beans and added bread crumbs. I also used queso cheese and topped it with some fresh tomato in addition to the other toppings. I will be making them again soon, even my picky 4 yr old and 1 year old devoured these.
I used turkey and by the time its cooked it is compeletly mush and looks just like taco meat, so really, this is a taco recipe.
Made this for the first time and will make them again. Very good! I used refried black beans. I pan fried it hoping it wouldn't fall apart but it did. Any advice?
I will definitely be making these again! I used the recommended ingredients. I will probably use black beans and fresh garlic like other reviewers suggested. The burgers did fall apart while cooking, I will premake the burgers and refrigerate them before cooking. Overall, it was a great meal!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)