We love this soup and make it all the time!
Southeast Asian-Inspired Salmon Soup
A touch of chile-garlic sauce and hot sesame oil add heat to this delicately flavored salmon soup without being overpowering.
8 Reviews for Southeast Asian-Inspired Salmon Soup
This was good but you really can't eat it for leftovers. It gets especially fishy fast!
Cooked this for my husband during Lent and loved it. My husband was very hesitant about salmon soup, but now he asks for the soup at least once a month! LOL Its one of his favorites. The flavors are great together, perfecctly described as sweet sour and spicy. We both like spicy so we added more spicyness. Awesome soup!
Katrina, Flushing, NY
Absolutely delicious! Would also be good with tofu, shrimp, or whatever in place of the salmon.
Tracy, Truckee, CA
This soup is similar to the wonderful pho, sold at our local Vietnamese restaurant, that my children love so much. I don't understand why the rating isn't higher. I served this to a friend yesterday, and he said it's now his favorite soup, beating out my salmon chowder. Plus, this is quick to make. I'm sending my son back to college with the ingredients, because he wants to fix it for his friends.
Barbara, Kirkland, WA
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)