I used 2ls of 16-20 shrimp and left out the chiles. It was absolutely wonderful and so easy! Great flavors with the coconut milk, ginger brown sugar and lime juice.
South Pacific Shrimp
Vibrant Southeast Asian seasonings are a natural with shrimp. Freeze any leftover coconut milk or refrigerate it for several days; you can use it instead of broth or water to cook rice or enrich a curry.
14 Reviews for South Pacific Shrimp
My husband made this for me tonight for my birthday. He hardly ever cooks but was able to Make this. It was absolutely delicious. It was all gone, no leftovers!
This really was fantastic. It made peeling/deveining 50 shrimp sooooo worth it. I'm having a hard time not eating every bit of it!
I couldn't wait to make this recipe as the description and ingredients sound so amazing together. It was fun mincing all of that stuff and throwing it all together in the marinade. Then I noticed what a 1/4 cup of lime juice looks like and hesitantly threw it in - it looked like too much when throwing it into the rest of the bowl and my thoughts were correct when I actually tasted it when finished. Next time I will def try and lower the amount of lime juice as it was too sour (I also used fresh squeezed organic limes which may have added a little TOO much of the natural lime juice flavors?).
With the leftover coconut milk, I made this coconut brown rice recipe I found on gluten free girl which was absolutely delicious! Good recipe, will make the necessary modifications and try again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)