Sour Cream-&-Herb Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
Banish the full-fat sour cream from the baked potatoes and use this herbed nonfat topping instead. Make it a meal: Serve with sliced tomatoes and Roasted Green Beans & Red Peppers.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, or chives
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Combine sour cream, yogurt, parsley, scallions (or chives), mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the baked potatoes and serve.
Per serving: 207 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 237 mg sodium; 971 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (41% daily value), Potassium (28% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat free milk
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994