Sour Cream-&-Herb Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
Banish the full-fat sour cream from the baked potatoes and use this herbed nonfat topping instead. Make it a meal: Serve with sliced tomatoes and Roasted Green Beans & Red Peppers.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, or chives
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Combine sour cream, yogurt, parsley, scallions (or chives), mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the baked potatoes and serve.
Per serving: 207 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 237 mg sodium; 971 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (41% daily value), Potassium (28% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat free milk
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994