Sour Cream-&-Herb Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
Banish the full-fat sour cream from the baked potatoes and use this herbed nonfat topping instead. Make it a meal: Serve with sliced tomatoes and Roasted Green Beans & Red Peppers.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, or chives
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Combine sour cream, yogurt, parsley, scallions (or chives), mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the baked potatoes and serve.
Per serving: 207 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 237 mg sodium; 971 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (41% daily value), Potassium (28% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat free milk
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994