Sour Cream-&-Herb Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
Banish the full-fat sour cream from the baked potatoes and use this herbed nonfat topping instead. Make it a meal: Serve with sliced tomatoes and Roasted Green Beans & Red Peppers.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, or chives
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Combine sour cream, yogurt, parsley, scallions (or chives), mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the baked potatoes and serve.
Per serving: 207 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 237 mg sodium; 971 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (41% daily value), Potassium (28% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat free milk
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994