Sour Cream-&-Herb Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
Banish the full-fat sour cream from the baked potatoes and use this herbed nonfat topping instead. Make it a meal: Serve with sliced tomatoes and Roasted Green Beans & Red Peppers.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, or chives
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Combine sour cream, yogurt, parsley, scallions (or chives), mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the baked potatoes and serve.
Per serving: 207 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 237 mg sodium; 971 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (41% daily value), Potassium (28% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat free milk
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994