Whoever wrote this should look over how the recipe is written. Read the WHOLE thing (preferably four times) if you don't want too much of things in the wrong place or really enjoy starting things over.
Soft Whole-Wheat Dinner Rolls
From EatingWell: December 2006
Finding tasty, healthy, whole-grain dinner rolls in the supermarket or even at a local bakery can be a challenge. Here's a not-too-big dinner roll you can feel good about serving for the holidays or any special occasion.
16 Reviews for Soft Whole-Wheat Dinner Rolls
I was searching for a refrigerator roll recipe as I had an appointment to go to and had company coming for dinner. The only different thing I did was I used 1/8 cup sugar and 1/8 cup splenda. The were light, fluffy, and had a wonderful taste/texture!
I made these for Thanksgiving and they were a big hit. They were a last minute addition, and after I started I realized I didn't have unsalted butter or enough cake flour. Salted butter worked fine, and I cut back the salt to about 1/2 or 3/4 tsp. I used 2 cups of whole wheat flour instead of 3, almost 1 cup of cake flour, and all-purpose for the remainder. Even with my substitutions, they turned out perfectly.
I have made these for Thanksgiving the past two years to rave reviews. They will be on the menu again this year! Tons better than store bought brown and serve!
Very good. I have added this to my lists of breads I bake for the end of year holdays. I made these rolls for Thanksgiving along with other varieties and froze the rest to eat throughout December.
Sherry-Va, Fairfax Station, VA
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)