Sochi Salsa (Adjika)
From EatingWell: January/February 2014
The combination of sweet and hot peppers, garlic and herbs in this salsa recipe makes this the perfect condiment to have in your fridge. Adjika, a salsa-like condiment of both Georgian and Abkhazian origins, typically accompanies grilled meat or vegetables. Or you can eat this salsa with tortilla chips straight from the bowl.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4-5 fresh jalapeño peppers, red or green, stemmed and seeded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large stalk celery
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed fresh cilantro, including tender stems
- 3/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil
- 3/4 cup firmly packed fresh dill, including tender stems
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely chop bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop celery (including any leaves), cilantro, basil and dill. Add to the food processor along with vinegar, coriander and salt; pulse until finely chopped, but not smooth—the salsa should still have some texture.
- Transfer to the bowl with the pepper mixture; stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight for the flavors to meld before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Per serving: 18 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 301 mg sodium; 124 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (62% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Eastern European/Russian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2014