Sochi Salsa (Adjika)
From EatingWell: January/February 2014
The combination of sweet and hot peppers, garlic and herbs in this salsa recipe makes this the perfect condiment to have in your fridge. Adjika, a salsa-like condiment of both Georgian and Abkhazian origins, typically accompanies grilled meat or vegetables. Or you can eat this salsa with tortilla chips straight from the bowl.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4-5 fresh jalapeño peppers, red or green, stemmed and seeded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large stalk celery
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed fresh cilantro, including tender stems
- 3/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil
- 3/4 cup firmly packed fresh dill, including tender stems
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely chop bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop celery (including any leaves), cilantro, basil and dill. Add to the food processor along with vinegar, coriander and salt; pulse until finely chopped, but not smooth—the salsa should still have some texture.
- Transfer to the bowl with the pepper mixture; stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight for the flavors to meld before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Per serving: 18 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 301 mg sodium; 124 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (62% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Eastern European/Russian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2014