Sochi Salsa (Adjika)
From EatingWell: January/February 2014
The combination of sweet and hot peppers, garlic and herbs in this salsa recipe makes this the perfect condiment to have in your fridge. Adjika, a salsa-like condiment of both Georgian and Abkhazian origins, typically accompanies grilled meat or vegetables. Or you can eat this salsa with tortilla chips straight from the bowl.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4-5 fresh jalapeño peppers, red or green, stemmed and seeded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large stalk celery
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed fresh cilantro, including tender stems
- 3/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil
- 3/4 cup firmly packed fresh dill, including tender stems
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely chop bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop celery (including any leaves), cilantro, basil and dill. Add to the food processor along with vinegar, coriander and salt; pulse until finely chopped, but not smooth—the salsa should still have some texture.
- Transfer to the bowl with the pepper mixture; stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight for the flavors to meld before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Per serving: 18 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 301 mg sodium; 124 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (62% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Eastern European/Russian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2014