Sochi Salsa (Adjika)
From EatingWell: January/February 2014
The combination of sweet and hot peppers, garlic and herbs in this salsa recipe makes this the perfect condiment to have in your fridge. Adjika, a salsa-like condiment of both Georgian and Abkhazian origins, typically accompanies grilled meat or vegetables. Or you can eat this salsa with tortilla chips straight from the bowl.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4-5 fresh jalapeño peppers, red or green, stemmed and seeded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large stalk celery
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed fresh cilantro, including tender stems
- 3/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil
- 3/4 cup firmly packed fresh dill, including tender stems
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely chop bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop celery (including any leaves), cilantro, basil and dill. Add to the food processor along with vinegar, coriander and salt; pulse until finely chopped, but not smooth—the salsa should still have some texture.
- Transfer to the bowl with the pepper mixture; stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight for the flavors to meld before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Per serving: 18 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 301 mg sodium; 124 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (62% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Eastern European/Russian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2014