I made this for my adult family and it was an instant favorite. The only changes were I cubed the unpeeled eggplant, drizzled it with olive oil and roasted it and used it that way. Easier and delicious. I also substituted sesame oil just because I love it. I've made it twice since and everyone feels the same way I do, it just couldn't be better.
Soba Noodles with Roasted Eggplant
Roasted eggplant makes a creamy sauce that coats pasta quite nicely. Soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles) add a lovely nutty flavor to the dish, but you can also use linguine.
4 Reviews for Soba Noodles with Roasted Eggplant
This was great and went over really well with my whole family. The first time I used it I grated the carrot, which was the most time consuming part. The second time I didn't want to spend the time grating carrots and couldn't find them pre-grated, so I left them out and it was still great. I did add a bit more eggplant. I didn't use all of the "sauce" and saved it for dressing. (I put carrots in a side salad and used the extra dressing on it.)
One of the best noodle dishes I have ever had! My sister made it for me and then I made it for my family.
We did add a little purple cabbage for crunch. Yummy!
I made this for my sister when she was visiting and she commented that this was the best noodle dish she'd ever had. I have to agree it is very flavorful.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)