Snow Peas with Creamy Ranch Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Low-fat mayo and nonfat buttermilk keep this ranch dressing low in fat and calories. It’s great with raw snow peas or most any vegetable you have on hand.
- 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups trimmed and thinly sliced snow peas (about 9 ounces)
- Combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, dill, onion, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in snow peas.
Per serving: 42 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 264 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (48% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2010