Snow Peas with Creamy Ranch Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Low-fat mayo and nonfat buttermilk keep this ranch dressing low in fat and calories. It’s great with raw snow peas or most any vegetable you have on hand.
- 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups trimmed and thinly sliced snow peas (about 9 ounces)
- Combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, dill, onion, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in snow peas.
Per serving: 42 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 264 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (48% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2010