Snow Pea & Carrot Salad with Miso-Tamari Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Perk up your dinner salad by tossing greens with snow peas, carrots and a tangy dressing.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red or yellow miso (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 8 cups torn red or green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups trimmed and halved snow peas (about 6 ounces)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- Whisk oil, miso, vinegar, tamari (or soy sauce) and ginger in a large bowl until well combined. Add lettuce, snow peas and carrots; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Miso is fermented soybean paste; aged for up to 3 years, miso is salty, but a little goes a long way. Look for it in the refrigerated section of natural-foods stores or well-stocked supermarkets near the tofu. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 year. Add to soups and sauces for an extra hit of rich flavor.
Per serving: 72 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 218 mg sodium; 185 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (128% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 2010