Snow Pea & Carrot Salad with Miso-Tamari Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Perk up your dinner salad by tossing greens with snow peas, carrots and a tangy dressing.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red or yellow miso (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 8 cups torn red or green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups trimmed and halved snow peas (about 6 ounces)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- Whisk oil, miso, vinegar, tamari (or soy sauce) and ginger in a large bowl until well combined. Add lettuce, snow peas and carrots; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Miso is fermented soybean paste; aged for up to 3 years, miso is salty, but a little goes a long way. Look for it in the refrigerated section of natural-foods stores or well-stocked supermarkets near the tofu. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 year. Add to soups and sauces for an extra hit of rich flavor.
Per serving: 72 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 218 mg sodium; 185 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (128% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2010