Snow Pea & Carrot Salad with Miso-Tamari Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Perk up your dinner salad by tossing greens with snow peas, carrots and a tangy dressing.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red or yellow miso (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 8 cups torn red or green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups trimmed and halved snow peas (about 6 ounces)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- Whisk oil, miso, vinegar, tamari (or soy sauce) and ginger in a large bowl until well combined. Add lettuce, snow peas and carrots; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Miso is fermented soybean paste; aged for up to 3 years, miso is salty, but a little goes a long way. Look for it in the refrigerated section of natural-foods stores or well-stocked supermarkets near the tofu. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 year. Add to soups and sauces for an extra hit of rich flavor.
Per serving: 72 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 218 mg sodium; 185 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (128% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2010