Snow Pea & Carrot Salad with Miso-Tamari Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Perk up your dinner salad by tossing greens with snow peas, carrots and a tangy dressing.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red or yellow miso (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 8 cups torn red or green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups trimmed and halved snow peas (about 6 ounces)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- Whisk oil, miso, vinegar, tamari (or soy sauce) and ginger in a large bowl until well combined. Add lettuce, snow peas and carrots; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Miso is fermented soybean paste; aged for up to 3 years, miso is salty, but a little goes a long way. Look for it in the refrigerated section of natural-foods stores or well-stocked supermarkets near the tofu. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 year. Add to soups and sauces for an extra hit of rich flavor.
Per serving: 72 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 218 mg sodium; 185 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (128% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2010