Snow Pea & Carrot Salad with Miso-Tamari Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Perk up your dinner salad by tossing greens with snow peas, carrots and a tangy dressing.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red or yellow miso (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 8 cups torn red or green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups trimmed and halved snow peas (about 6 ounces)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- Whisk oil, miso, vinegar, tamari (or soy sauce) and ginger in a large bowl until well combined. Add lettuce, snow peas and carrots; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Miso is fermented soybean paste; aged for up to 3 years, miso is salty, but a little goes a long way. Look for it in the refrigerated section of natural-foods stores or well-stocked supermarkets near the tofu. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 year. Add to soups and sauces for an extra hit of rich flavor.
Per serving: 72 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 218 mg sodium; 185 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (128% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2010