The turkey sausage gives this dish incredible flavor. Microwaving the peppers not only cuts down on prep time but also leaves them slightly al dente. Followed the recipe exactly, using smoked gruyere to top the peppers. The recipe was a big hit with the fam.
Smoky Stuffed Peppers
Turkey sausage and smoked cheese give a flavorful boost to this versatile, somewhat retro dinner. We've speeded it up by microwave-blanching the peppers and using instant brown rice. If possible, choose peppers that will stand upright.
4 Reviews for Smoky Stuffed Peppers
This is now a family favorite! I love the turkey sausage. It really brings it all together. This is a delight. The peppers cook so well in the microwave and then putting them in the oven just gives them a browned finish! Great Recipe!!!!
Healthy, delicious, filling, and quick and easy clean-up. All my requirements for a great meal!
Love this recipe! I didn't have the bulk sausage or fresh basil so I subbed turkey smoked sausage and dried basil. Still so good and very flavorful! I added some hot sauce to the rice mixture as it cooked as well. Will def make again! I served with a small green salad and I am STUFFED! hahaha
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)