Smoky Roasted Cherry Jam
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
This is not a sweet jam to eat on your peanut butter sandwich, rather a smoky, roasted cherry jam that goes well with savory foods like cheese, grilled pork tenderloin or roasted chicken. Try it on a grilled cheese sandwich with extra-sharp Cheddar or fontina cheese.
- 4 cups halved pitted fresh cherries or thawed and drained frozen whole cherries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Combine cherries, orange juice, thyme, paprika and salt in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Roast, stirring 3 or 4 times, until the cherries are starting to break down and the liquid has thickened, 35 to 45 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per tablespoon: 19 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 24 mg sodium; 69 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- May/June 2010
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)