This recipe was delicious. I forgot to get sour cream but I just added a bit more mayo and lemon juice. I will make this for a special lunch before a bigger holiday dinner.
Smoked Trout Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
The fast of Yom Kippur is often broken with smoked fish as in this trout salad. This easy dinner, which can be made ahead, is great for any night, holiday or not. Serve it on a bed of greens to dress it up and add a whole-grain bagel to make it a substantial meal.
2 Reviews for Smoked Trout Salad
Under a time crunch and couldn't get smoked trout, so made this with smoked mackerel. It was delicious. Had to a few bones out of the mixture but not many and really enjoyed it. I wouldn't hesitate to do it with mackerel again, but will definitely try the trout if I can. Bottom line: This recipe is a keeper.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)