Smoked Trout Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
The fast of Yom Kippur is often broken with smoked fish as in this trout salad. This easy dinner, which can be made ahead, is great for any night, holiday or not. Serve it on a bed of greens to dress it up and add a whole-grain bagel to make it a substantial meal.
- 4 ounces skinned smoked trout fillet, flaked
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Combine trout, celery, shallot, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill and pepper in a medium bowl. Arrange salad greens and tomato on 2 plates and top with the trout salad.
Per serving: 169 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 21 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 1 g fiber; 741 mg sodium; 239 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Folate (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2008
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)