Smoked Trout Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
The fast of Yom Kippur is often broken with smoked fish as in this trout salad. This easy dinner, which can be made ahead, is great for any night, holiday or not. Serve it on a bed of greens to dress it up and add a whole-grain bagel to make it a substantial meal.
- 4 ounces skinned smoked trout fillet, flaked
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Combine trout, celery, shallot, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill and pepper in a medium bowl. Arrange salad greens and tomato on 2 plates and top with the trout salad.
Per serving: 169 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 21 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 1 g fiber; 741 mg sodium; 239 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2008