Smoked Trout Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
The fast of Yom Kippur is often broken with smoked fish as in this trout salad. This easy dinner, which can be made ahead, is great for any night, holiday or not. Serve it on a bed of greens to dress it up and add a whole-grain bagel to make it a substantial meal.
- 4 ounces skinned smoked trout fillet, flaked
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Combine trout, celery, shallot, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill and pepper in a medium bowl. Arrange salad greens and tomato on 2 plates and top with the trout salad.
Per serving: 169 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 21 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 1 g fiber; 741 mg sodium; 239 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2008