Smoked Trout Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
The fast of Yom Kippur is often broken with smoked fish as in this trout salad. This easy dinner, which can be made ahead, is great for any night, holiday or not. Serve it on a bed of greens to dress it up and add a whole-grain bagel to make it a substantial meal.
- 4 ounces skinned smoked trout fillet, flaked
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Combine trout, celery, shallot, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill and pepper in a medium bowl. Arrange salad greens and tomato on 2 plates and top with the trout salad.
Per serving: 169 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 21 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 1 g fiber; 741 mg sodium; 239 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2008