Smoked Salmon Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
A splash of pepper-flavored vodka gives this salmon spread a sophisticated flair. If you like, use plain vodka instead but be sure to season generously with freshly cracked pepper before serving. Smoothly pureed nonfat cottage cheese replaces cream cheese and sour cream to cut the fat by about 80 percent.
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons pepper-flavored vodka, such as Absolut Peppar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Cut half the salmon into chunks. Dice the remaining salmon. Place cottage cheese in a fine-mesh sieve and press on it to remove excess moisture. Transfer the cottage cheese to a food processor. Add the salmon chunks, vodka, lemon juice, mustard and horseradish. Process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the diced salmon. Refrigerate until chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 213 mg sodium; 29 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992