Smoked Salmon Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
A splash of pepper-flavored vodka gives this salmon spread a sophisticated flair. If you like, use plain vodka instead but be sure to season generously with freshly cracked pepper before serving. Smoothly pureed nonfat cottage cheese replaces cream cheese and sour cream to cut the fat by about 80 percent.
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons pepper-flavored vodka, such as Absolut Peppar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Cut half the salmon into chunks. Dice the remaining salmon. Place cottage cheese in a fine-mesh sieve and press on it to remove excess moisture. Transfer the cottage cheese to a food processor. Add the salmon chunks, vodka, lemon juice, mustard and horseradish. Process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the diced salmon. Refrigerate until chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 213 mg sodium; 29 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992