Smoked Salmon Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
A splash of pepper-flavored vodka gives this salmon spread a sophisticated flair. If you like, use plain vodka instead but be sure to season generously with freshly cracked pepper before serving. Smoothly pureed nonfat cottage cheese replaces cream cheese and sour cream to cut the fat by about 80 percent.
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons pepper-flavored vodka, such as Absolut Peppar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Cut half the salmon into chunks. Dice the remaining salmon. Place cottage cheese in a fine-mesh sieve and press on it to remove excess moisture. Transfer the cottage cheese to a food processor. Add the salmon chunks, vodka, lemon juice, mustard and horseradish. Process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the diced salmon. Refrigerate until chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 213 mg sodium; 29 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992