Smoked Salmon Bites
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
Wasabi mayonnaise really sets off the smoked salmon in these rice-cracker treats. If desired, you can set out the spread, salmon, ginger and rice crackers separately and let your guests build their own (but have plenty of extra salmon on hand if you do).
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste, or 2 teaspoons wasabi powder mixed with 1 tablespoon water (see Tip)
- 24 mini rice crackers
- 4-6 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 24 1-inch pieces
- 24 small pieces pickled ginger, (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Mix mayonnaise and wasabi paste (or reconstituted wasabi powder) in a small bowl.
- Top each cracker with 1 piece salmon, 1/2 teaspoon wasabi mayonnaise, 1 piece pickled ginger and a sprinkling of lemon zest.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare the wasabi mayonnaise (Step 1), cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Wasabi paste, wasabi powder and pickled ginger can be found in the Asian-foods section of most supermarkets.
Per appetizer: 52 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 9 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2007