Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
This smoky sherry vinaigrette is just as terrific tossed with your favorite combination of salad greens as it is drizzled over slices of grilled eggplant.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a blender or a jar with a tight-fitting lid; blend or shake until well combined.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Smoked paprika is made from smoke-dried red peppers and adds earthy, smoky flavor. It can be used in many types of savory dishes. Look for different types of paprika at some large supermarkets or at tienda.com or penzeys.com.
Per tablespoon: 86 calories; 9 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 54 mg sodium; 9 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- March/April 2011