Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
This smoky sherry vinaigrette is just as terrific tossed with your favorite combination of salad greens as it is drizzled over slices of grilled eggplant.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a blender or a jar with a tight-fitting lid; blend or shake until well combined.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Smoked paprika is made from smoke-dried red peppers and adds earthy, smoky flavor. It can be used in many types of savory dishes. Look for different types of paprika at some large supermarkets or at tienda.com or penzeys.com.
Per tablespoon: 86 calories; 9 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 54 mg sodium; 9 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 3 fat
More From EatingWell
This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
Crock pots aren’t just for stewing big hunks of meat: you can...
Bust out of your lunch rut with our pack-and-go healthy lunch...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2011