Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
This smoky sherry vinaigrette is just as terrific tossed with your favorite combination of salad greens as it is drizzled over slices of grilled eggplant.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a blender or a jar with a tight-fitting lid; blend or shake until well combined.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Smoked paprika is made from smoke-dried red peppers and adds earthy, smoky flavor. It can be used in many types of savory dishes. Look for different types of paprika at some large supermarkets or at tienda.com or penzeys.com.
Per tablespoon: 86 calories; 9 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 54 mg sodium; 9 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Making a satisfying, low-calorie dinner is easy with our one-...
It’s easy to make a healthy dinner recipe without dirtying...
Grab a box of your favorite whole-wheat linguine or penne...
Good news for people who eat breakfast—they tend to weigh...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
Cutlets—typically a thin slice of meat cut from the rib...
Whether you’re watching your finances or just trying to put a...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
There is no room for a roast that's anything less than...
Chocolate is such a rich and indulgent treat it almost seems...
Creamy blue cheese isn’t just for salads and dressing anymore...
Chopped, layered, pulsed or stirred, these easy dips are...
Ginger pairs well with soy sauce, chile peppers and garlic,...
Our healthy pumpkin dessert recipes are lighter twists on the...
A popular meat around the globe, lamb is raised and consumed...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- March/April 2011