Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
From EatingWell: December 2006
Roasting tomatoes brings out their inherent sweetness.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 14 slices baguette, (preferably whole-wheat), toasted
- Anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toss tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with basil and vinegar.
- Top baguette slices with the roasted tomato mixture. Garnish with anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil.
Per serving: 69 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 178 mg sodium; 157 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamins A & C, potassium, magnesium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 2006