Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
From EatingWell: December 2006
Roasting tomatoes brings out their inherent sweetness.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 14 slices baguette, (preferably whole-wheat), toasted
- Anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toss tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with basil and vinegar.
- Top baguette slices with the roasted tomato mixture. Garnish with anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil.
Per serving: 69 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 178 mg sodium; 157 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamins A & C, potassium, magnesium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Type of Dish
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 2006