Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
From EatingWell: December 2006
Roasting tomatoes brings out their inherent sweetness.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 14 slices baguette, (preferably whole-wheat), toasted
- Anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toss tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with basil and vinegar.
- Top baguette slices with the roasted tomato mixture. Garnish with anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil.
Per serving: 69 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 178 mg sodium; 157 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamins A & C, potassium, magnesium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 2006