Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
From EatingWell: December 2006
Roasting tomatoes brings out their inherent sweetness.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 14 slices baguette, (preferably whole-wheat), toasted
- Anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toss tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with basil and vinegar.
- Top baguette slices with the roasted tomato mixture. Garnish with anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil.
Per serving: 69 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 178 mg sodium; 157 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamins A & C, potassium, magnesium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- December 2006