Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
From EatingWell: December 2006
Roasting tomatoes brings out their inherent sweetness.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 14 slices baguette, (preferably whole-wheat), toasted
- Anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toss tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with basil and vinegar.
- Top baguette slices with the roasted tomato mixture. Garnish with anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil.
Per serving: 69 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 178 mg sodium; 157 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamins A & C, potassium, magnesium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Type of Dish
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 2006