I added 1 jalapeño & 2 tsp of red pepper flakes
Slow-Cooker Moroccan Lentil Soup
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
Like most soups, this Moroccan lentil soup recipe gets better with time as the complex seasonings have time to develop. Make it a day ahead if you can—this easy slow cooker/crock pot recipe variation makes it a cinch to get the soup cooking while you do other things.
18 Reviews for Slow-Cooker Moroccan Lentil Soup
I was so happy with the recipe while it was cooking--easy to throw together, smelled wonderful, etc. But unfortunately, it was rather dull in flavor. However, I'd give it a shot again, using the suggestions from others (like skinless chicken thighs). Not sure what vegetarians can do.
I love this soup! The lemon and cilantro really bring out all of the flavors.
I loved this soup. I also added zucchini instead of cauliflower and used a mix of green and red lentils. It is incredibly warm (probably the cinnamon) and is perfect for a cold winter day. Makes the house smell amazing as well! will make again.
This one is for sure going to be saved in my recipe book. I added double the amount of seasoning and about 3/4 cup extra lentils (we like thicker soups). I also didn't add cinnamon (not a fan) and substituted it for a curry seasoning blend and some hot sauce instead. Dreaming of my next bowl with a hunk of bread :)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)