Love this dish, have made it many times. We usually have gravy left over so I freeze it and use it again the next time we make it. Delicious!
Slow-Cooked Brisket in Onion Gravy
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
This brisket is cooked with beef broth and loads of onions that melt down into a luscious gravy. Serve the brisket and gravy over a mound of steaming mashed potatoes with a side of green beans or sliced carrots for a perfect Sunday dinner.
6 Reviews for Slow-Cooked Brisket in Onion Gravy
I made this right by the recipe and it was so very good. I have never had beef brisket...only corned beef brisket and totally enjoyed it! Didn't brown it and it still turned out great.This is a keeper.
Never made brisket before so I was a little wary but it was great. I didn't have the option of getting "first cut" for a leaner meal, since there was none available. I made the onion tomato mixture the night before and put it in the refrige so it would be a quick am prep. Did not brown the meat. It was a bit fatty as expected but really delicious. I refrigerated left overs, skimmed the fat and made the sloppy joe's which were great too.
Overall, a delicious, easy two for one recipe.
This was delicious and my dinner guests loved it. I was out of thyme, so I replaced it with dried oregano. I cooked the brisket on my slow-cooker's "low" setting. The result was a tender, fall-apart juicy hunk of meat. I can't wait to try the sloppy joe's, next.
I make a very similar version of this recipe. What I do is cook it the day before I want to serve it. Refrigerate the meat in the gravy. The fat will rise to the top and you could skim it if you like. Slice the meat while cold. Place in oven proof dish and reheat in oven at 350.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)