What happens to the rest of the liquid that the potatoes simmer in? The directions are a bit confusing - 1/4 cup of milk is whisked with the sour cream, then poured over the potatoes. Then the next step says to spoon the same mixture evenly over the potatoes and broil? Help!
Slimmed-Down Scalloped Potatoes
Sliced potatoes are simmered until tender in skim milk, then topped with reduced-fat sour cream and run under the broiler until golden. The results are sensational.
4 Reviews for Slimmed-Down Scalloped Potatoes
I made this for my husband who loves scalloped potatoes and is on a low carb diet. So, he was thrilled to see there are only 9 carbs per serving. On a scale of 1-10, he gave them a 7. I don't think he has ever given any "slimmed down" recipe more than 5. I loved the flavor and texture. I also substituted plain yogurt for the sour cream. I give these a 9. Yummy!
Wow...I thought my days of enjoying scalloped potatoes were over! This recipe is amazing and even the non-dieters around my table thought so! Absolutely delicious! You'd never guess this was a healthier version.
This recipe was delicious and will be a staple in our home. I did change it a bit. I use lite cream in place of the 2 cups of non fat milk and reduce sour cream. I also add a half cup 96% fat free ham and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese. I'm sure my recipe has slightly higher fat content. I will try the recipe again and I will follow the recipe to the tee just to see the difference. My husband who is a very picky eater gave it two thumbs up and that's saying a lot .
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)