Sliced Fennel Salad
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Serve this crisp salad as an antipasto before an Italian meal.
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Trim base from fennel bulb. Remove and discard the fennel stalks; reserve some of the feathery leaves for garnish. Pull off and discard any discolored parts from the bulb. Stand the bulb upright and cut vertically into very thin slices. Arrange the slices on 4 salad plates.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle the mixture over the fennel and garnish with a grinding of pepper and a few fennel leaves.
Per serving: 51 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 103 mg sodium; 247 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Exchanges: vegetable, 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
Crock pots aren’t just for stewing big hunks of meat: you can...
Bust out of your lunch rut with our pack-and-go healthy lunch...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)