This was an easy recipe. I doubled up on spices and added more tomatoes and yogurt instead of water. Next time more spices and more garlic and onion also.
From EatingWell: September/October 2011
In Greece, moussaka is made with beef or lamb, layers of sliced eggplant and a creamy béchamel sauce all baked together in the oven. This variation takes plenty of liberties to make it easy, quick and healthful. Serve over whole-wheat pasta or with potatoes.
3 Reviews for Skillet Moussaka
I was looking forward to this recipe, since I had success with several other recipes on this website. Unfortunately, the resulting dish had zero flavor. I don't know if it was the addition of the water or what but even with added spices, nothing really worked in this dish.
This dish is great, it was easy, quick, and didn't create too much mess. I added a bit of cinnamon and a splash of red wine to the meat. Next time I will try adding more cinnamon as well as some allspice to get a more authentic taste.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)