Great recipe. I would add one step. Cook gnocci in boiling water until they float, rinse in cold water, let cool completely and then cook in oil as specified. This way they puff up and have a better texture with a crispy outside. When you avoid this step, the gnocci are a bit hard an chewy. Use a mix of chard and spinach leaves.
Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
In this one-skillet supper, we toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it all with gooey mozzarella. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette.
407 Reviews for Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
I've made this recipe a couple times now. Being a recent vegetarian, this recipe was super easy and fast to make. Plus, it's absolutely delicious. I did, however, substitute baby spinach for the chard. It's the perfect balance of protein, carbs, and veggies. You MUST try this recipe!
Loved this recipe. I used the whole wheat gnocchi with roasted tomatoes as suggested and it turned out wonderful! My husband and father in law both got second helpings.
I cannot cook, simply put. If you knew my husband you could ask him to verify. However, I managed to cook this amazing recipe and it turned out delicious! I simply love this recipe. It is cheap, easy, and delicious!
This recipe rocks! It hits all the right spots and rings the right bells & blows, all the right whistles! I love the
blend of flavors. Course, I would finish the whole meal with fruit dipped in yogurt and sprinkles. (maybe berries, bananas, and cherries:)!!!
Of course, finishing that up would be a cup of really strong coffee/tea. A little stevia and skim milk would make that perfect.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)