My husband and I loved it! So easy (took me about 45 minutes with prep and cooking) and really flavorful and filling. We had enough for leftovers the next day and I'm making it again for sure!
Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
In this one-skillet supper, we toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it all with gooey mozzarella. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette.
407 Reviews for Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
This was great. It was so easy to make and had a delicious taste. Super filling too!
I used a can of store brand cannellini beans. Either it was the quantity or the quality, I'm not sure. I might use only half the beans next time. My first reaction was good, but too many beans, but store brand beans I bought seemed to have thicker skins than what I usually get. I will try it again with some name brand beans again before I make any adjustments. Otherwise, delicious and satisfying.
I boiled the gnocchi as recommended and it turned out perfect...not too chewy. I thought this was a very tasteful and filling recipe. My meat-loving DH even ate the left overs the next day! I also emailed the recipe to a strictly vegetarian eating friend and can't wait to hear her comments on it. Will be making on a regular basis. Too easy of a recipe not to.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)