To any one turned away by the 2.5 star rating, ignore it. This recipe is absolutely delicious. And not just that, it's really good for you too. Both my husband and 11 year old scarfed it and wanted more.
Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
In this one-skillet supper, we toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it all with gooey mozzarella. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette.
407 Reviews for Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
I think this is the only vegetarian meal I've ever made that my husband liked. The tomatoes give it a hearty, filling flavor, and the gnocchi is a satisfying texture. We use canned tomatoes--fire-roasted with Italian seasoning to kick up the flavor a little, and add just a shake or two of red pepper flakes while it's cooking. This became a staple, much to my delight, because it's really easy to make and you only have one pot to clean afterwards! Ours looked exactly like the photo here.
I've made this according to the recipe with the exception of using gluten free gnocchi which I boil first. My husband loves this recipe even though he doesn't like tomatoes or onions. If you can make someone eat something they don't like and love it that is a good recipe.
One of our family favorites, and so easy!!
This is a "go to" dish in our house and has been since discovering it a few years ago. I make it just as the recipe states except for using three instead of four cloves of garlic (personal preference) and using fresh spinach instead of chard as I always have spinach on hand. As good as it is on the night I make it, it is even better the next night for dinner. Highly recommend.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)