Love this recipe--very comforting and yummy. I use spinach instead of swiss chard and Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes for more flavor.
Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
In this one-skillet supper, we toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it all with gooey mozzarella. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette.
407 Reviews for Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
This was very good and very filling. As some other readers suggest, I would also boil the gnocchi next time and might try the Muir Glen fire roasted tomatos as well ... it could have used a little zip.
I thought this was fabulous! I decided (halfway through sauteing) to boil the gnocchi instead, so it would be softer and fluffier. I also used some of the chard stem, as I had already sliced it up and didn't realize it was only supposed to be leaves. Thought it gave it a nice texture. Tested on my Italian friend who loved it and wanted the recipe!
I loved this - no changes. It was great warmed up for lunch too.
I'm really new to cooking (24 male). This was my most adventurous dish ever, no joke. The dish turned out really well, though there are some things I would change making it again:
1. I would boil the gnocchi, then mix it in with the finished product
2. More garlic!! I love garlic, so perhaps what the recipe calls for is plenty.
My roommate liked the dish a lot too, and I will definitely make it again. The chard gave it a really nice flavor. The recipe fed me 4 times. 1 when I made it and 3 servings of leftovers. Really good reheated too.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)