love love this recipe make it regularly but with baby spinach and fresh chillies
Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
In this one-skillet supper, we toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it all with gooey mozzarella. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette.
407 Reviews for Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
I usually use kale instead but my tip for making it better is live the slightly crispy gnocchi out until you serve it else it gets soggy.
This is our go to meal with two teens and working parents. We can sit together and enjoy the meal that did NOT suck up our dining time!
Easy to make, even I can't mess it up. I don't like cooked spinach so I make sure I use Chard. Only problem I can only get good Chard at Whole Foods which is a little out of the way, so I don't make it as often as I like.
This is our family favorite. I use spinach instead of chard and sometimes add bacon when cooking the onion and garlic, not much but enough to give it an extra depth without adding too much fat/calories. My kids love the dish as it is filling and comforting. My daughter always requests we leave enough for her to take for her school lunch and even her friends ask to share!
I have also added leftover roast chicken and even eliminated the beans and added chicken for a friend who is unable to eat beans and it still tasted yummy. Great with red pepper flakes sprinkled over at serving.
All in all a great meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)