I've been using this recipe regularly for almost two years now and my whole family loves it. You have to use the amount of garlic and onion in the recipe to get maximum flavor. I use kale instead of spinach or chard because I like the way the kale holds up.
Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
In this one-skillet supper, we toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it all with gooey mozzarella. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette.
407 Reviews for Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
The gnocchi was flavorless. Next time I would add some marinara sauce, or season the diced tomatoes and let the gnocchi cook longer in the mixture so it would soak up some flavor. Also, I would decrease the amount of gnocchi. I also only used 1/4 of an onion, since a whole one seemed a bit much.
Please don't believe the rating stars on this recipe. Some people think its funny to enter nonsense reviews with low ratings. This is a great family meal. Everyone that has eaten it at my house loves it. I use spinach but will try chard when I have some in my garden. I use frozen gnocchi because I couldn't find the other kind. Just boil according to package directions, drain and add when you put in the tomatoes and beans. Yummy!!
Oh my goodness, this was absolutely delicious. I made it for my husband and 11 year old, they both thought it was great, and definitely a keeper. I used spinach instead of chard. The toasting of the gnocchi before cooking really adds an extra little bit of yumminess. Not sure why this is rated so low, but ignore the low rating and make this dish. You won't be disappointed.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)