This meal was amazing. The only reason it didn't get top marks was because I made some additions to create a stronger flavor profile. I added some red pepper flakes and basil at the same time I added the shrimp. I did end up using Trader Joe's frozen grilled asparagus instead of fresh, but followed everything else to the letter. I will definitely add this into the recipe rotation!
Skillet Gnocchi with Shrimp & Asparagus
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
The gnocchi cooks right in the skillet, along with shrimp, shallots, asparagus and Parmesan cheese, in this gnocchi recipe. Look for shelf-stable gnocchi near other pasta. Serve with baby arugula salad with vinaigrette and a glass of pinot grigio.
19 Reviews for Skillet Gnocchi with Shrimp & Asparagus
I followed the recipe except that I used basil gnocchi from Cost Plus World Market and garlic olive oil. I made it for company having never made it before and everyone loved it.
I substituted green beans for the asparagus because it's summer! I added a generous tablespoon of fresh basil, a pinch of red pepper flakes, cooked the beans a bit longer than suggested for the asparagus, tossed in 1/4 cup white wine near the end with the gnocchi. The added liquid made the gnocchi quite tender. Easy excellence.
Sounds kinda odd, but really good. Everyone cleaned their plates! I served it with a side salad.
fixed pop with red pepper flakes, our whole family loved this dish and I loved how easy and quick it was to make!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)