I enjoyed this recipe and have made it a few times. I modified it a little, I had 1% on hand instead of skim and I used a little less cheese. I used a mix of purple and white cauliflower and topped with fresh herbs: parsley, basil & tarragon. The purple cauliflower made the dish look incredible.
Skillet Cauliflower Gratin
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Nonfat milk and a bit of sharp Cheddar combine to make a rich sauce without all the butter usually found in gratins.
23 Reviews for Skillet Cauliflower Gratin
I went ahead and used the whole head of cauliflower in my 12" cast iron skillet and used a lid during the cooking process. When broiling watch it carefully to prevent burn. 2 minutes max. Turned out heavenly! Yum
Easy and quick to make. Tasty, creamy sauce.
I love cauliflower and this easy recipe dressed it up into a fabulous side.
This is a good substitute when you are craving adult mac and cheese but can't afford the carbs in pasta. Hit the spot on a cold February night.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)