From EatingWell: March/April 1997
No tapas buffet would be complete without garlic shrimp, the most ubiquitous of bar foods.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or 1 dried red chile, halved
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp, (tails left on)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Stir oil, garlic, bay leaf and crushed red pepper (or chile) in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until garlic just begins to color, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and season with salt. Stir until shrimp turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice. Adjust seasonings. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 82 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 86 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 0 g fiber; 121 mg sodium; 123 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (31% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 1997