From EatingWell: March/April 1997
No tapas buffet would be complete without garlic shrimp, the most ubiquitous of bar foods.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or 1 dried red chile, halved
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp, (tails left on)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Stir oil, garlic, bay leaf and crushed red pepper (or chile) in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until garlic just begins to color, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and season with salt. Stir until shrimp turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice. Adjust seasonings. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 82 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 86 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 0 g fiber; 121 mg sodium; 123 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (31% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 1997
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)