From EatingWell: March/April 1997
No tapas buffet would be complete without garlic shrimp, the most ubiquitous of bar foods.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or 1 dried red chile, halved
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp, (tails left on)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Stir oil, garlic, bay leaf and crushed red pepper (or chile) in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until garlic just begins to color, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and season with salt. Stir until shrimp turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice. Adjust seasonings. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 82 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 86 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 0 g fiber; 121 mg sodium; 123 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (31% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 1997